Pork Sirloin Tip Roast (9/27/2020)

Pork Sirloin Tip Roast (9/27/2020)

This came out amazing in my Humble opinion.  It is a fairly simple recipe.  For the most part if it includes more then 4 ingrediants, I am in Trouble.  The Recipe is after the phot shoot.

Its a double hook hang.  We also have pineapple on skewers and Roasted potatoes in a basket.

Roasted potatoes and pineapple.
The roast is done.

Recipe: 

I more or less followed the recipe on the Pit Barrel Cooker blog Pork Loin Recipe.
The biggest difference is I used the Central BBQ Rib Rub.  I loved how they turned out on my ribs so I thought I would try it on this roast.

Here is how I did it.

Pork Loin Roast

2,5 lb Sirloin Tip Roast ( I have also used a tenderloin and Center Cut Loin Roast)
Extra virgin olive oil
Central BBQ Rib Rub

I placed a light coating of olive oil on the Pork Sirloin Tip roast.  I used the BBQ Rib Rub liberally.  (I really like the way the bark setup with this rub)
I hung on the Pit Barrel until I had an internal temp of 145 degrees. (I did use a Double hook because of the shape of the roast. I then rested in foil and slice it for a sanwich.

I received my first bottle of this rib rub as a gift. It turns out you can order a 3 pack on the central BBQ Web Page https://eatcbq.com/collections/all/products/seasoning (I do not receive a commision)






Pineapple

I used canned pineapple this time.  Fresh works well also. I just placed it on the skewers direct from can and hung it for about 30 minutes.

Roasted Potatoes

My wife actually prepped the potatoes.  She used the PBC Recipe. Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.  She did not microwave them first. I cooked them in foil for 30 minutes in the hanging basket.  I then cooked them out of the basket for 30 minutes.  They were still a little hard.  So I microwaved them for about 3 more minutes.  They were perfect.

The Sanwich


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brisket/Pork Butt Fat up or Fat down

Pulled Pork, Baby Back Ribs,Asparagus and Peaches (7/18/2020)